Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm kinda like Gandhi

Way better than my high school 'stash


I may not be protesting British rule, but I know a little something about sacrifice these days. And though Mohandas may have sacrificed his meals to make his point - i've given up the daily luxury of hot water to make mine. A wife will only last 10 days without hot water - that means you've got a decent grace period of 9 days to get your shit together when the heater breaks, after which, you really do see the ugly side of your spouse. And this is entirely deserved. Without this doomsday clock a guy can get pretty used to showering in the sink, fa-breeze cleaning his dockers, and growing a high school mustache.

so I present my day 11 solution:
another hole in the walls and a $50 used hot water heater sourced from the "anything goes" section of Craigslist DC. Conveniently this also gave me the chance to get the installation also via craigslist support. Another $50 and this rusting beauty was sitting in my kitchen/ boiler room. and he installed it on a sunday!

No comments: